Throughout my education and my career, feelings of imposter syndrome have always come up out of nowhere. If you have ever felt like you’re not fit to be in the position you’re in now or you downplay your successes, you are definitely not alone. But having this negative mindset can hold you back from accepting opportunities and celebrating your achievements.
So how do you shift to a growth mindset when your brain is telling you that you don’t deserve to be where you are? From finding a mentor to give you an outside perspective to surrounding yourself with positive content on the social media accounts you follow, there are plenty of actions you can take.
On this week’s episode, I’m sharing all about imposter syndrome - what it is, how to know when you’re experiencing it, and how to work towards overcoming it.
So let’s stop punishing ourselves and start recognizing how far we have come and how qualified we are for our roles. Plus, let me know what mindset tips you have by messaging me @braveandboss.
Have a listen to episode 29 from season 3 of Brave and Boss: The Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud.
And, don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
KEY INSIGHTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- What is imposter syndrome?
- How does imposter syndrome affect your personal and work life?
- How can you find a mentor?
- What is a “look back” and how can it help you celebrate your success?
- Get my FREEBIE 5 Ways to 5X your email marketing + Sign-up to be notified for my upcoming email marketing course
- Follow me on Instagram @kristisoomer and @braveandboss
Leave a comment