“There are three things that have to happen before anybody will ever purchase from you. Your customers have to know you, they have to like you, and they have to trust you.” - Allie Martin
Welcome to Brave and Boss! I’m Kristi Soomer. On this episode, we're talking all about social media with Visibility Expert, Allie Martin. If you’re scared to show up as yourself on social media as the face of your brand, then this is a must-listen for you.
Allie Martin is a visibility expert and owns Fame and Fortune where she helps entrepreneurs gain credibility and cash through strategic social media and proactive media relations. With more than 10 years of experience, Allie has worked in public relations for Amazon, Alltech, Kendra Scott, and the International SPA Association. In 2019, she was named a Rising Star by the Public Relations Society of America. She also produces and hosts a podcast called Selfish, a show dedicated to self-care where she interviews industry experts, entrepreneurs and shares her own thoughts on this journey.
[00:01] Introducing Allie Martin
- Allie shares her story and how she got started as a visibility expert
- Straight out of college starting out managing a Billion Dollar company’s social media
- Managed Amazon’s public relations for the lower quarter of the United States
- Starting her company by using the tactics she learned with larger companies and applying them to smaller businesses
[05:15] Helping Small Business Owners Grow Their Sales and Business
- Marketing consultation
- Working with Allie on a bi-weekly basis through marketing challenges
- Optimizing the customer journey
- Done for You services
[06:44] Is It Mandatory for Small Business Owners to be the Face of Their Business?
- People connect with people
- 3 things that have to happen before anybody will ever purchase from you
- If you don't tell your brand story, who will?
- Having yourself present in the business can be a strong differentiator for your brand, can put you ahead of your competition, and can create a different kind of brand experience for customers
[10:41] How Do You Choose Which Social Media Channel to Leverage?
You don’t have to be active on all platforms
- Start with where your customers are
- Who is your number one customer?
- What is their online behavior?
- How often do you have to be posting?
- Consistency builds trust faster than any other method
[17:05] How Do You Strategize Your Content?
- Social talking points
- Repeat posting what you offer
- Things people can relate to
- Provide people value while mixing in promotion, products, and offerings
[24:31] Progress Over Perfection
- The importance of showing up as you are
- Being consistent over being perfect
[27:39] Creating a Month of Social Media Content in 30 Minutes
- Keep in mind the timely conversations happening in your community
- Engage with people’s content
- Don’t build yourself a 7-figure prison
- Apps and tools that Allie swears by
- Planoly - A scheduling app
[33:04] The Hot Seat!
- Listen to Selfish, a selfcare podcast for business owners and entrepreneurs
- Allie’s Social Media Success Shortcut
- What’s a non-negotiable step in your morning routine?
- Walking my driveway
- Coffee tea or something else?
- Green tea
- What's your favorite podcast that you're listening to right now?
- Final words
“Your customers connect with people. People connect with people. They don't connect with a logo, they don't connect with brand colors, those are all important, but they connect with people, and they purchase from people.” - Allie Martin
“When you think about the basis of marketing, there are three things that have to happen before anybody will ever purchase from you. It's called, ‘The know, like, and trust factor.’ they have to know you, they have to like you, and they have to trust you.” - Allie Martin
Don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
- Connect with me on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Learn more about my story on my website.
- What's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out.
- Take my online courses and let’s grow your impact and income.
- Join our FREE Facebook group for eCommerce store owners.