“I really believe that your genius is as unique as your fingerprint. At the end of the day, You are the competitive advantage. And when you weave in your gifts and your red thread and everything you've been through in your life, you are creating not just a product or thing, but you're creating the articulation of your own soul. And that's something that other people just wouldn't be able to do.” - Kelly Trach
Welcome to Brave and Boss with Kristi Soomer. Today’s guest, Kelly Trach, is a mentor of mine for my coaching business. In this episode, we discuss finding your genius and ditching self-doubt so you can finally thrive in your business.
Kelly Trach is a 4x entrepreneur, business coach, and author of P.S. You’re A Genius: an unconventional guide to finding your innate gifts (even when you feel like you have none).
As a business coach, Kelly helps visionaries find their genius and monetize it so that they can build digital businesses.
She hosts The Kelly Trach Show podcast which has had more than 100K+ downloads and is the creator of Your Conscious Empire™ a course that teaches people how to build a business based on their genius.
Kelly has a bachelor of commerce honors degree from the University of British Columbia where she studied on scholarship. Kelly previously worked at Tesla Motors, studied at Sciences Po in Paris France, and was accepted in a pre-accelerator program taught by a billionaire venture capitalist in Silicon Valley. She’s spoken at places like Uber and NASDAQ.
After her first three tech start-ups failed in San Francisco, Kelly built a fourth business centered around her genius which enabled her to create success doing what came most naturally to her. Now, she teaches others how to do the same. You can find her at kellytrach.com
[00:01] Who Is Kelly Trach?
- Introducing my guest, Kelly Trach
- Host of The Kelly Trach Show
- Who Kelly Trach is, what she does, and what her WHY is
- Creating a business centered on having fun and doing what she loves
[03:48] Finding Your Genius
- Your genius is your top 3 to 5 gifts working synergistically together to create world-class expertise that only you can do
- The difference between your strengths and your genius
- Your genius is the areas where you are truly, innately gifted
- Your genius really arises when you're doing your top gifts all together at once
- How to reorient your business to focus on your genius
- Figure out where you can outsource, delete and eliminate tasks
- Create a No-do list
[10:47] The Red Thread That Ties Everything Together
- What is the Red Thread?
- Your entire past has prepared you at this point in your destiny to do your genius
- How to beat Imposter Syndrome
- You do not need to go to school for your genius
- Reframe past experiences and they have prepared you for what you aim to do
- You just need to be a couple steps ahead of someone
- All your experiences in your life are perfectly coming together to form who you are today
[17:08] Ditching Your Doubts
- How to reframe self-doubt when it comes to comparing yourself to your competition
- Your genius is as unique as your fingerprint
- At the end of the day, YOU are the competitive advantage
You can either be the genius or the copycat, but you can't be both
[23:15] P.S. You’re A Genius
- If you want an unconventional guide to finding your innate gifts (even when you feel like you have none) pre-order P.S You’re a Genius now!
- Divided into 4 parts
- Part 1: Figuring out what your top innate gifts are
- Part 2: Putting everything together to find your genius
- Part 3: Ditching the doubts that hold you back
- Part 4: The new playbook for success
[25:19] The Hot Seat!
- Connect with Kelly! Find links to her socials and website below
- What's one nonnegotiable step in your morning routine?
- Morning coffee
- What's your favorite business book that you've ever read?
- What's your favorite podcast that you're listening to?
- If you could wear one outfit on repeat for the rest of your life what would it be?
- The perfect pair of denim high waisted blue jeans, a black top, and Birkenstocks
“I believe that your genius is your top three to five gifts working synergistically together to create world-class expertise that only you can do. So it's really about figuring out what your innate gifts are, and finding tasks that involve all of them at once.” - Kelly Trach
“I really believe that your entire past has prepared you at this point in your destiny to do your genius.” - Kelly Trach
Connect with Kelly
- Follow Kelly on Instagram
- The Kelly Trach Show Podcast
- link to buy the book, P.S. You're a Genius
Don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
- Connect with me on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Learn more about my story on my website.
- What's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out.
- Take my online courses and let’s grow your impact and income.
- Join our FREE Facebook group for eCommerce store owners.