I’m pleased to welcome Alora May from Sam and Lance to share her ethical business journey. Started by Alora with her sister, Veronica, Sam and Lance is the only eco-friendly business made by women, for women, featuring over 800 products from 7 continents.
As entrepreneurs, we should always pay attention to the ever-changing customer behaviors. Now, customers are preferring sustainably made products that don’t exploit the environment, including the people and other living things around it. They are now also more active online; hence, the need to understand eCommerce and the tools to fully leverage our online presence.
Listen to the episode!
[00:01 - 04:42] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Alora May
- Alora shares how she and her sister started their business
[04:43 - 09:51] A Sustainable Business Model
A sustainable business model
- Planting tree for every order and reducing Carbon footprint
- What is dropshipping?
- Their transition from a full-time job to business
- The 6 values that their business holds
[09:52 - 15:48] Preparation is the Key
The recent achievements that Alora is really proud of
- Learn more about their care crates
- How do they manage their logistics?
- Here’s a lesson that Alora learned that she wants you to hear too
[15:49 - 25:15] Email Marketing and Pinterest
- Managing the business with her sister, Veronica
- How their business leverages email marketing and Pinterest
Are you planning to start your own business?
- Here’s Alora’s advice for you
[25:16 - 31:36] eCommerce Tools You Can Use
- The useful tools for your online business
- What’s next for Sam and Lance?
- Let’s get to know Alora with these Hot Seat Questions!
[31:37 - 33:09] Closing Segment
- Connect with Alora! Links below
- Final words from me
“We have a lot of our brands on our platform that give back to different organizations or support charities or donations...” - Alora May
“Sustainability is a journey and learning about it is a journey.” - Alora May
- Shopify Masters Podcast
- Kind Karma Co.
- Humber College
- George Brown
- The Birds Papaya
- Book: Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business
- Lucky Orange
- Book: Building a StoryBrand
- Book: Marketing Made Simple
- Book: Business Made Simple
- Conversations with Kenzie
- Science Rules! with Bill Nye
- Pasta Grannies
Buy at Sam and Lance and start your ethical shopping spree while helping Alora and Veronica in empowering women businesses and artisans around the world. You can also visit their Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterestpages.
Don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
- Connect with me on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Find out what's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out.
- Join our FREE Facebook group for eCommerce store owners