I started my sustainable fashion business in 2012, while I was still working full-time as a management consultant. At the time, I was running the entire business out of my condo and working as a solopreneur. If I wanted to go on vacation, I’d have to get my mom to step in and ship any orders that came.
Now this strategy was okay for the first few months of business as I was ramping up, but when you start growing and gaining momentum, it’s probably time to consider hiring your first employee. This is where I made one of my biggest mistakes - not hiring early enough.
On this week’s episode, I’m sharing how taking too long to make my first hire actually suppressed my business growth - and how you can avoid this mistake.
If you’re concerned about hiring expenses, onboarding remotely, or even establishing a job description, have a listen. I know how scary it can feel to transition from being a solo founder to making your first hire, so hopefully this episode answers any questions you may have and reduces your fears.
Have a listen to episode 39 from season 3 of Brave and Boss: The Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud.
And, don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
KEY INSIGHTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- When is the right time to make your first hire?
- How can you hire remotely?
- How to know which activities to hire an employee for
- This podcast episode was sponsored by TRESTA. TRESTA is an app for iPhone and Android that lets you do unlimited business calling and texting from anywhere. Get a FREE 30-day trial at www.tresta.com/boss
- What's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out
- Get a Shopify store with a 90-day FREE trial
- Get my FREEBIE 5 Ways to 5X your email marketing + Sign-up to be notified for my upcoming email marketing course
- Follow me on Instagram @kristisoomer
- Join our FREE facebook group for ecommerce store owners https://www.facebook.com/groups/braveandboss
Leave a comment