In today’s episode, Amy Eliza Wong, the founder of Always On Purpose talks about the distorted effect of ‘shoulding’ oneself and how you could shift your mindset to get things done without the negative ‘shoulding’ effect. Amy is an executive leadership coach, author, speaker, and facilitator working with organizations such as Airbnb, Salesforce, Roku, LinkedIn, Facebook, the Navy SEALS, and more. Amy offers transformative leadership development and cutting-edge communication strategies to executives and corporate teams around the world, as well as institutions including Stanford University and the University of California at Berkeley.
Amy pulls from various disciplines, studies, and practices to find a consilient approach to achieve flow and create profound impact through the three lenses of Self, Relationships, and Results.
As a certified executive coach with expertise in transpersonal psychology, design thinking, interpersonal neurobiology, and Conversational Intelligence, Amy has catalyzed transformative growth for hundreds of executives and teams. She has a passion for helping leaders identify blindspots, reclaim precious time, energy, and creative bandwidth, and create next-level impact. Her new book, Living On Purpose, will be released May 24, 2022.
[00:01] Opening Segment
- How her love of Math and teaching equipped her for her first technical job
- Amy’s biggest breakthrough and finding her purpose
- Her business mission: raise the vibration of consciousness
[12:37] Stop ‘Shoulding’ Yourself
- The heavy obligated burden brought about by “should”
- Resistance - the only thing that keeps us from thriving
- Pivot from resistance to acceptance through appreciation
- The poison of comparison
- Train they way you think
- Practical steps to harness your focus
- Engage in meditation
[33:01] Closing Segment
- Get free resources on Amy’s website! See links below
- Check out Amy’s new book: Living on Purpose
- Hotseat questions
“if you're going to motivate yourself to get through life by using should, you're eating up a tremendous amount of resources.” - Amy Wong
“Whatever you focus on, you create for yourself.” - Amy Wong
Twelve and a Half: Leveraging the Emotional Ingredients Necessary for Business Success
Connect with Amy!
Don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
- Connect with me on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Learn more about my story on my website.
- What's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out.
- Take my online courses and let’s grow your impact and income.
- Join our FREE Facebook group for eCommerce store owners.