When I work with other female founders, I find that many of them do not want to be “seen”. Maybe you’re worried about not resonating with your ideal customer, or maybe you’re introverted. However, when it comes to small businesses, connecting emotionally with the person behind the business can play a huge role in your marketing and your brand loyalty.
When I first started my fashion brand Encircled, I was terrified of being seen as the founder/CEO. At the time, I was still working as a management consultant and I went as far as going by a different last name when I had to do any press for Encircled. But there is so much value in sharing your story. When potential customers hear about your journey, they are more inclined to cheer you on and support you - especially if you’re targeting other women.
On this week’s episode, I’m sharing the exact steps you should take to be more visible in your business. We’ll start small and slowly work our way up until you feel confident in sharing your story.
And don’t worry if you’re not a great public speaker - I wasn’t either. But the more passionate you are about the business you’re building, the more you can get yourself out there and establish yourself as an expert in your field. This confidence may not come right away, but baby steps are everything!
Have a listen to episode 10 from season 3 of Brave and Boss: The Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud.
And, don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
KEY INSIGHTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- What you should include in a press kit for your business
- How to personalize your social media posts and newsletters
- The ways you can position yourself as an industry expert
- How to get involved with speaking gigs
- This episode is sponsored by TRESTA. Business communication simplified. You can get your free 30-day trial and get a second business line for your phone through their app. It's easy. More info at www.tresta.com/boss
- Example of some of my press appearances
- Get my FREEBIE 5 Ways to 5X your email marketing + Sign-up to be notified for my upcoming email marketing course
- Photographer that did my headshots
- Follow me on instagram @kristisoomer and @braveandboss
Leave a comment