10 things I learned running an eCommerce Business in 2017
2017 was a crazy year of ups and down for me, running my ethical fashion brand, Encircled.
Encircled hit a new revenue high, up about 125% over last year on average. Huge growth for a product-based business!
We tripled our team, moved offices and tripled our space, and doubled down on a few key strategies. Some things worked, some didn't.
Have a listen to the podcast to hear the full story around the ten things I learned this year.
I'll talk about what worked, what didn't, where I got stuck and where I found opportunity. Hopefully this can help you learn more about what it takes to run a successful online store (and the challenges you may face at every stage!)
In summary, here are the 10 things I learned running Encircled, my eCommerce clothing brand in 2017.
- Facebook ads do work
- Managing your bottom line is super important with a high growth company
- Sometimes you have to run a sale, and that’s ok
- Product-based businesses are capital intensive
- HIring is easy, letting go is hard
- Knowing your analytics is key to scaling profitably
- Maintaining your inventory and website is a daily practice
- Solopreneurship is lonely but it doesn’t have to be
- The riches are in the niches
- Big leaps are necessary for big growth
All the best for an amazing 2018!
Leave a comment