Is summer procrastination getting to you? Or do you feel like you’re not getting enough done? I'm here to give you my best productivity tips to get stuff done and get them done efficiently!
Welcome to Brave and Boss! I’m Kristi Soomer. On this episode, we're talking all about productivity. I’m sharing my favorite prioritizing methods for how you can figure out what to work on to move your business forward instead of spending days putting out fires or feeling busy without getting actual stuff done.
[00:01] An Intro to Productivity
One of the things I think that I am extremely good at is being productive, almost to a fault. But this year I’ve decided to focus on working smarter, not harder. The problem with productivity is that it can burn you out if you aren’t focused. There's so much you could be doing at all times. But what are the most important things to work on? What are some strategies to figure that out? And how do I plan my day so that I maximize that time?
[03:56] How To Prioritize What’s Important
- The Eisenhower Matrix
- Urgent and Important: Do it - Urgent and Important tasks demand you take action quickly. These items typically have visible deadlines and consequences for stalling on taking action
- Important and Not Urgent: Schedule it - Activities that help you achieve long-term goals
- Urgent and Not Important: Delegate it - Value the worth of your time and delegate these tasks
- Not Urgent and Not Important: Declutter it - Eliminate tasks that don't align with your company's missions or goals
[06:44] Tools For Productivity
- Use a Calendar to schedule your time
- I swear by Google Calendar
- To do list
- I like to use My goals
[16:15] Set Boundaries
- It’s important to be realistic with your schedule and not overwork yourself
- Set boundaries by defining what you need to get done in a day by using The Eisenhower Matrix
- Work out your schedule and to do list to see where you have time to actually do this work
- Once you're done with that to-do list, you're done. You don't do more work!
[17:12] Final Words
- Remember to do what’s sustainable for your health and well being
- Send me a DM on Instagram for a copy of the Eisenhower Matrix!
“There's never an end to the to-do’s. There's so much you could be doing at all times. But what are the most important things to work on? What are some strategies to figure that out? How do I plan my day so that I maximize that time? And what are some tips that you can take into your life and business to be more productive with the time that you do have in your business?” - Kristi Soomer
“As business owners, we need to hold ourselves accountable to creating boundaries around work. It's really critical, because nobody else is going to turn around and say to you, ‘You're working too hard.’” - Kristi Soomer
“If you’re scheduling and putting things in your calendar, let’s face it, it’s not going to happen.” - Kristi Soomer
Don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
- Connect with me on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Learn more about my story on my website.
- What's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out.
- Take my online courses and let’s grow your impact and income.
- Join our FREE Facebook group for eCommerce store owners
Leave a comment