The Behind-the-Scenes of How I Quit my Corporate Job to be an Ecommerce Store Owner Full-time
This week's post goes deep into the process of moving from part-time side hustle to full-time eCommerce entrepreneur.
My journey was not smooth but it was successful (depends on how you define success!).
I've been full-time in my fashion line since November 2014.
In this week's vlog, I share a background on where I started my career, how I got the idea to start Encircled, how I funded Encircled, and how I ran Encircled while working full-time at a super demanding day job (where I traveled often).
You'll also hear about my attempts to quit my day job 3 times, and how that didn't go so well.
So, get the behind the scenes scoop of how I started, and what YOU can learn from this journey to help you go from side-hustler to full-time eCommerce girl boss.
Wow, you made it!
Thanks for watching the full video.
1. Diversity is the spice of life. The more jobs, the better. Bring it. Learn something from your day job. Embrace what you have and appreciate it.
2. If you have a product or business idea, see a market need, then go for it. YOLO.
3. The key to getting stuff done while working full-time: stay organized, hustle, use your time effectively and focus on revenue/sales building activities.
4. Quit (your corporate job) when you're ready.
5. Always expected the unexpected. No day, week, year ... maybe even hour is the same when you're an entrepreneur.
Are you wanting to quit your day job to be full-time in your business? If so, what's holding you back?
Have you quit your day job? If so, tell us your story!
Let's chat about it in the comments below!
Wishing you much abundance + retail bliss,