It goes without saying that running a business is CHALLENGING. If you're just starting to grow your business and you’re finding yourself looking for a self-care system, unable to let go of control, wishing there were 50 hours in a day, or Googling possibilities for you to clone yourself, then this episode is a must-listen!
Welcome to Brave and Boss! I’m Kristi Soomer. On this episode, I welcome Sarah Dawn to talk about how she helps business owners eliminate overwhelm, overworking, and burnout, her strategies for doing more with less, and achieving the elusive work-life balance!
Sarah Dawn is a Business Growth Expert, Attorney, and host of The Blissed Biz Podcast. She works with business owners to help them make more money without working around the clock. Sarah has built 7 figure businesses and has self-made her success. But in pursuing her dreams she also became all too familiar with overwhelm, overworking, and burnout. Now she’s passionate about forging a path to a blissful blend of record-breaking business growth strategy and unparalleled personal fulfillment for a life you truly love.
[00:01] Introducing Sarah Dawn
- Sarah’s upbringing and how she got to where she is now
- Sarah grew up not having much and really only aimed for a job that could pay the bills and have a decent lifestyle
- After starting her own successful law firm, Sarah realized she had no measurement of what she wanted her actual full lifestyle to look like. The overworking and burning out began
- Due to high-stress levels, Sarah came down with a sudden onset of cerebral palsy
- Realizing she has the power to pick and delegate, Sarah is now committed to helping business owners learn from her mistakes
- Guiding them to have better balance in their businesses and lifestyles
[10:07] Work-Life Balance; Where Do We Begin?
- Understanding why we need to establish a work-life balance
- Sarah shares how she had a deep-rooted belief system that she wasn't worthy of the success she had built
- When we understand what we believe in, then we can start setting boundaries
- How burnout and inefficient leadership impacts the business and what it costs
- Most business owners are spending time doing tasks that can be delegated off
- Your time is expensive. The bottom line is, as the innovator in your business, you are the most expensive person that can be performing these tasks
- When business owners are spending their energy doing urgent but low importance tasks, innovation takes the back seat
[19:39] How Can Business Owner Start To Let Go
- Letting go of control
- Recognizing what your weaknesses are and which things to let go of
- Procrastination: If you’re a high achiever, the things you procrastinate doing is a natural sign of what you should let go off
- Using the DISC Profile assessment
- When you have people, you will have problems: But with the right methods and mitigators, you get to cut out a lot of those people problems
[29:02] A Holistic Selfcare System
- What can people do to deal with burnout
- Self care isn't an event, it's your system of taking care of yourself
- If selfcare is simply an add on to neutralize the unhealthy ways you’re taking care of yourself, it won’t work. You need a mental and lifestyle shift. Selfcare must be approached holistically
- Intentially picking what needs to GO
- You're a huge asset in your business, and you've got to take care of yourself like a machine
- Tools for selfcare
- There isn’t only 1 formula. You can do what works for your body and your schedule and your tolerance for checklists
[40:41] The Hot Seat!
- Want to achieve more by doing less and figure out what should and shouldn’t stay on your plate? Visit the https://www.sarahdawnconsulting.com/ and join Blissed Business Mastery
- Listen to The Blissed Biz Podcast
- What your current favorite podcast?
- Unlocking by Brene Brown
- If you had an extra $1000 in your business what would you spend it on?
- Coffee tea or something else?
- Hot water with Lemon
- What’s your favorite Instagram account?
- Final words
“I can guide them down that path that was harder learned by me. And I can guide them to have better balance in their business and lifestyle and do those things that are strategically growing the business, and making the money they want.” - Sarah Dawn
“The bottom line is, as the innovator in your business, you are the most expensive person that can be performing these tasks.” - Sarah Dawn
“When you're hiring, you don't want to clone yourself, you don't need another you you need somebody that has different skill sets and different interests than you that can take on those things that shouldn't be on your plate in any way,” - Sarah Dawn
“When you have people, you inevitably will have people problems. But when you do some of these things to help your own leadership skills, have people in the right roles for their skill sets, know how to communicate, and know how each person you know needs to be addressed for correction and for praise, then you get to cut out a lot of those people problems.” - Sarah Dawn
“Self care isn't an event, it's your system of taking care of yourself.” - Sarah Dawn
“You're a huge asset in your business, and you've got to take care of yourself like a machine.” - Sarah Dawn
Connect with Sarah
- Follow her on her Instagram @Sarahdawnesq and visit www.sarahdawnconsulting.com
- Listen to her podcast The Blissed Biz Podcast
Don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
- Connect with me on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Learn more about my story on my website.
- What's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out.
- Take my online courses and let’s grow your impact and income.
- Join our FREE Facebook group for eCommerce store owners.