For entrepreneurs, e-commerce is great because it has lower overhead, is open 24/7, and can be accessed from anywhere around the world. But, there is value in having an in-person retail experience, especially for product-based businesses where it may be hard to communicate your benefits online.
For example, the clothes that we sell at my fashion company, Encircled, are incredibly soft. This is great, but customers don’t get to feel the physical product when they’re shopping online. In-person events are great opportunities to build relationships with your customers, but also to show them the value that they’ll be receiving before they have to commit to a purchase.
This week, I’m sharing six different ways that you can sell your products in real life, without doing wholesale.
I know that wholesale isn’t the best route for everyone (trust me, I’ve tried it), but there are so many options available for you to sell in-person. Whatever your budget is, there are different in-person event opportunities that you can get involved with to introduce your products to new customers.
Have a listen to episode 29 from season 2 of Brave and Boss: The Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud.
And, don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
KEY INSIGHTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- What are the different types of in-person experiences that you can offer your customers, without doing wholesale? How much do these options cost?
- Which trade shows should you get involved in?
- What criteria should you use when choosing retail brands to collaborate with?
- What are the different ways to split revenue for retail collaborations?
- What are the different types of events you can host in-studio?
- Is a retail store worth it?