It’s often said that what gets you to the level you’re at in your business, won’t get you to the next level. If you want to be a $1,000,000 business, thinking like a $100,000 business will not get you there.
Welcome to Brave and Boss! I’m Kristi Soomer. On this episode, I’m sharing my best tips for when you're feeling super with your business. At many points in our business, we can experience hitting a ceiling. I'm delving into several things you can consider doing when you're feeling stagnant in your business, so let's get into it!
[00:01] The Inspiration for This Episode
- Leave a rating and review so I can send some love back in the next episode!
- When growing our business, there's an age old saying that what got you there won't get you to the next level. Strategies get outdated, staff and team members leave, things change. At every level, there are new challenges in your business that require you to level up in your leadership and management style
- My goal is to equip you with the tools to start understanding if you are feeling stuck at a certain revenue level
- Remember: It’s natural to feel stuck or plateau in your business
[03:51] What’s Working vs. What Isn’t Working?
- Ask yourself “Why?” Pull out the old notebook and a pen and make a simple pros and cons list of what's working and what isn’t. The foundation of getting unstuck is asking better questions and identifying what the challenges are in your business
- Double down on what’s working and determine if there’s room to scale it. I often think the easiest starting place for finding out ways to grow your business really begins with what you're doing already
What’s not working? What do you need to start, stop or continue?
- Start: Start thinking about what resources can I apply here to improve this situation
- Stop: When you're working with a very limited resource, budget team, etc, you have to pick your battles. Especially when you're small
[11:28] Get Unstuck by Challenging Yourself Beyond Your Level
- Look at something that maybe isn't working in your business, but could be a key growth channel to get you to that next level. Try to find a way to make it work, even if it's you just sucking at it for a little while and learning and challenging yourself growing in that area
Look at your business a little bit more objectively. Look at what a business would look like at the level where you want to be next year and the year after
- If you want to be a $100,000 business, start thinking like one
Surround yourself with people at or above your level to open your mind to questions you’ve not even thought of
- Hire a coach or consultant
[21:00] Wrapping Up
- Final words
“Strategies get outdated, staff and team members leave, things change. At every level, there are new challenges in your business that require you to level up in your leadership and management style.” - Kristi Soomer
“I just want to reiterate that it is totally natural to feel stuck in your business.” - Kristi Soomer
“I encourage you to look at something that maybe isn't working in your business but could be a key growth channel to get you to that next level and try to find a way to make it work. Even if it's you just sucking at it for a little while and learning and challenging yourself growing in that area.” - Kristi Soomer
“Essentially, you just need to really start to think, “If I want to be a $100,000 business, what do businesses do at that level?” - Kristi Soomer
This episode is sponsored by ChipBot
ChipBot is a plugin for product videos, customer support, and popups. Online stores install ChipBot to increase landing page sales, retain customers after a sale, and to do so without spending effort on each customer.
Get a special offer and get As a special gift for our listeners, get a free month + $110 off a year subscription to our unlimited plan
Don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
- Connect with me on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Learn more about my story on my website.
- What's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out.
- Take my online courses and let’s grow your impact and income.
- Join our FREE Facebook group for eCommerce store owners.