People get into eCommerce for a variety of reasons; We are building businesses to connect deeper with our purpose, fuel our life goals, and support our lifestyles. The key to building a business that will enable us to be removed from the business and not have it fall apart
is having the right systems and processes in place.
Today we’re going to talk about what a process is in an eCommerce store, why having no processes or loose processes will hold you back from scaling, and the basics of how to create a process.
Listen to the episode!
[00:01 - 04:03] Opening Segment
- I talk about the topic for this episode
5X your email marketing revenue!
- Link below
[04:04 - 05:33] What Is A Process & What Does It Look Like In An Ecommerce Product-Based Business?
- In its most basic definition, it is anything you do on a regular basis
- Without a process, a lot of things can go wrong
[05:34 - 13:21] Why Processes Can Hold You Back From Scaling
- As a business grows, the more resources it takes
- Without systematization your processes will live your head, making your business dependent on you
- The lack of processes creates inefficiency and inconsistency
- The lack of processes leaves room for error and interpretation
- It makes scaling much harder
[13:22 - 18:03] Tips and Tools To Create Processes at a High Level
Figure out where you will host these processes
- Simple options: Write them out on a Word Document, Google Document, Evernote, etc
- Create a mind map or flowchart on Google Slide or Powerpoint
- Use tools like Asana or Trello
- Write down all the steps
- Create video resources for all your processes for training purposes
[18:04 - 21:20] How You Can Start Now
- Think of the top 10 processes in your business that you would like to take off your hands
- In the book ‘Traction by Gino Wickman,’ he talks about documenting your business’ processes (Link Below)
- Refine and revisit your processes and systems
- I talk about the tool ‘Delegate and Elevate’
[21:21 - 22:22] Closing Segment
- Connect with me! Links below
- Final words
“At the end of the day not having processes means that you are losing something along the way.” - Kristi Soomer
“A really big limiting belief that I see with founders is that they want to hold onto the control of all these parts and pieces of their business which takes them away from the strategy, marketing, and growth activities that are needed to grow their business to the next level.” - Kristi Soomer
- 5X YOUR EMAIL MARKETING REVENUE with this FREE training!
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
Don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
- Connect with me on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Learn more about my story on my website.
- What's holding YOU back from $25k months in your online store? Take my FREE quiz and find out.
- Take my online courses and let’s grow your impact and income.
- Join our FREE Facebook group for eCommerce store owners.