Having a strong elevator pitch is essential for any business. Whether you’re looking for an investor, hiring new employees, giving a presentation, or just want to tell someone about the work you’re doing, an elevator pitch is a must-have.
They may sound like a simple concept, but elevator pitches build the basis of your brand. Once you can communicate who you are, what you do, and what you stand for in a clear and concise way, you can use your elevator pitch to shape your brand messaging, ad and social copy, press pitches, and more.
On this week’s episode, I’m sharing five signs your elevator pitch sucks and how you can improve it. Or, if you’ve never made an elevator pitch, I’ll help you get started.
So grab your pen and paper and let’s get to work on your pitch. Plus, let me know your tips and tricks for delivering a good pitch at @kristisoomer.
Have a listen to episode 34 from season 3 of Brave and Boss: The Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud.
And, don't forget to subscribe-rate-review. It's super easy and helps me to reach MORE creative entrepreneurs just like you!
KEY INSIGHTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- Why do you need an elevator pitch?
- How long should your pitch be?
- How to determine what problem your business is solving
- Hemingway Editor
- Get my FREEBIE 5 Ways to 5X your email marketing + Sign-up to be notified for my upcoming email marketing course
- Join our Facebook group for founders
- Follow me on Instagram @kristisoomer and @braveandboss